AFL’s Selwood brothers set to tour Australia with the release of
major new children’s series: The Selwood Boys
Troy, Adam, Joel and Scott Selwood star in a fun-filled series by author Tony Wilson
HarperCollins Children’s Books is delighted to announce that Troy, Adam, Joel and Scott Selwood, will be touring Australia from October 2016 to celebrate the release of The Selwood Boys, a highly anticipated new junior fiction series by Tony Wilson.
A must-have series for sports-mad kids, The Selwood Boys draws inspiration from the real-life childhood antics of all four Selwood brothers, who have each played Aussie Rules at AFL level, with Joel and Scott Selwood currently playing for the Geelong Cats.
Published under the ABC Books imprint, the first two books in the series, The Selwood Boys: Battle Royale and The Selwood Boys: The Miracle Goal, will be available wherever good books are sold from October 24 2016.
On launching the series next month Chren Byng, Publisher, HarperCollins Children’s Books Australia, says, ‘We’re so excited to be hitting the road with the Selwood brothers. To have all four boys touring together is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and Joel has just had a sensational season, topped off with his fifth All Australian nod and third All Australian captaincy, so we know their many fans – young and old – will be coming out in droves to meet the boys and be among the first to get their hands on these fantastic books.’
Tony Wilson and all four Selwood brothers will be available for media opportunities throughout the tour
VIC: 14–17 October (exclusive pre-launch events)
NSW: 18 October
VIC: 26–27 November
For further tour details, please visit: http://www.harpercollins.com.au/theselwoodboys
For further information and to request review copies, please contact:
Holly Frendo, Publicity Manager
T: 02 9952 5072
E: [email protected]
Notes to Editors:
• The Selwood brothers are four of the AFL’s favourite sons. Troy Selwood played for the Brisbane Lions from 2005 to 2010 and his twin brother, Adam Selwood, was a Premiership player for the West Coast Eagles. Joel Selwood is a three-time Premiership player, four-time All-Australian, four-time AFLPA Most Courageous Player and the current captain of the Geelong Cats. Youngest brother, Scott Selwood, was vice-captain of the West Coast Eagles and their 2012 Best and Fairest, before joining Joel at the Geelong Cats in 2016.
• Tony Wilson is a Children’s Book Council of Australia–shortlisted author. His books include Harry Highpants, The Princess and the Packet of Frozen Peas, Stuff Happens: Jack and The Cow Tripped Over the Moon.
• ABC Books is part of ABC Commercial and publishes in partnership with HarperCollins Publishers Australia. Committed to fostering and developing Australia’s best storytellers, ABC Books publishes bestselling and award-winning titles for children and adults. ABC Books is home to some of Australia’s most loved children’s authors and illustrators, including Emma Quay, Judith Rossell, Alison Lester, Frances Watts, Andrew Daddo, Beck and Matt Stanton, Colin Thompson, Katrina Nannestad, Jen Storer, Tim Miller, Glenda Millard and Stephen Michael King.
• HarperCollins Publishers Australia & New Zealand is a division of HarperCollins Publishers, the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 18 countries. With nearly two hundred years of history and more than 65 unique imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year, in over 30 languages, and has a print and digital catalogue of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize.
• HarperCollins Children’s Books aims to inspire and nurture a lifelong love of reading by publishing the best books for children of all ages. One of the leading publishers of children’s books, it is recognised for nurturing new talent as well as boasting a reputable list of established best-selling authors. Respected worldwide for its tradition of publishing quality, award-winning books for young readers, HarperCollins Children’s Books Australia is home to many of the biggest names in children’s literature past and present, including May Gibbs, Norman Lindsay, Ruth Park, C.S. Lewis, Dr. Seuss, David Walliams, Jackie French, Veronica Roth and John Green.